End of the School Year, Beginning of the Summer
After a long and action packed series of challenges and adventures, I have finally reached the end of the school year. This past semester had some great times with many events, including basketball games, my first storm chase in western Oklahoma, getting to see Al Gore, driving to Minnesota for the NAQT National Quiz Bowl tournament and placing 12th there, my second storm chase in the Texas Panhandle, all the times I've spent with my friends, and, of course, those classes that are the reason I'm out there in the first place. Grades came out last Friday; I had all A's again. For the past two weeks I've been in Alabama visiting friends and hanging around the house. Tomorrow I begin my drive back to Norman to start my internship at CASA where I will be creating an algorithm to automatically classify different types of thunderstorms based on radar data. It's going to last until August, and I will be working 9 to 5:30 every weekday during that time with freetime on the weekends to do whatever. I'm really excited about meeting the people in the program and working on my project. It should be a great learning experience. I will keep all of you informed on my progress as it moves along. Here's a couple recent pictures of me:Me posing at the Spiderman opening.
My friends and I at the Weather Center

1 Comments:
Dude you rock! Hope your having fun
working. Can't wait to see The Simpson Movie! Pirates of the Carribean: At World's End was totally awesome.
Peaceout,
Maria G.
Post a Comment
<< Home